Emergency First Aid Kit Item Checklist
IMAGE SOURCE: clipart.email
Some First aid kids are too small and some way too complicated for the average untrained user. We've put together a list of the must-haves based on information provided by FEMA and the Red Cross among others.
We feel it's also important to have multiple kits wherever you spend most of your time. Have one in your home (duh...), car, work, camping backpack, and a smaller one in your emergency go-bag (also known as 72hr. bag).
1. Blood clotting agent
2. Burn Salve
3. Chest seal
4. CPR mask
5. Gauze pads
6. Suture kit
8. Trauma Pad
9. Ace-style elastic Bandages
10. MoleskinSplint, SAM splints
11. Triangle Bandage
12. EMT Shears
13. Epinephrine auto-injector
16. Gas mask (optional)
17. Insulin Pen (optional)
GENERAL FIRST AID SUPPLIES
18. Thermal blanket
19. Antiseptic (neosporin, rubbing alcohol)
20. Antibiotics (amoxcicillin, penicilin, and ciprofloxacin)
21. Anti-diarrhea meds (Immodium, Kaopectate, Pepto-Bismol)
22. Variety pack of bandages
23. Butterfly strips or steri-strips
24. Latex Gloves
25. Medical tape
26. Pain relievers (Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Tylenol, Advil, etc.)
27. Antihistamines (Benadryl, Zyrtec) or other allergy meds
28. Capsules of activated charcoal (from poisoning)
29. Potassium iodide (KI) tablets (from radioactive iodine poisoning)
30. Instant cool and instant heat packs
Be sure to include a first aid crash course guide with your kit (most kits come with one already). We also highly recommend that you sign up to attend a class in order to better understand how/when to use all of these items.
You should determine the quantity of each individual item on this list based on number of persons per household and their particular health condition. Also, set a calendar reminder to examine expiration dates and renew outdated items once a year.
DISCLAIMER: The material and information contained in this presentation is for general information purposes only. You should not rely upon the material or information within as a basis for making any business, legal, health or any other decisions. Whilst we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, GoBagGear.com makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the presentation or the information, products, services or related graphics contained on here for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such material is therefore strictly at your own risk. GoBagGear.com will not be liable for any false, inaccurate, inappropriate or incomplete information presented on this presentation.