Friend or Foe? A good monocular is going to help you get a better picture of the situation that is ahead. It should be lightweight and small enough but clear and powerful for functional distances of up to 1000 yards.
You may also consider a hunting scope with a rail mount; serving a dual purpose if need be. Whichever you choose - I would put this on the essentials list for navigating unknown urban or rural territories. For now, though, it will be handy when watching a live game and you want a closer look at the action :)
- A slightly larger scope to have to carry, but great bang for your buck!
- 13x Optical zoom
- Nitrogen filled chamber to prevent fogging or condensation
- Large, comfortable 20mm eyepiece
- Multicoated lenses for maximum light absorption
- IPX4 - water splash resistant from any direction
- Standard tripod/camera screw mount
- One-handed zoom control
- Great for hunting, birdwatching, concerts, sporting events, etc.
- Objective Lens Diameter: 50mm
- Eyepiece diameter: 20mm
- Magnification: 13x
- Field of View: 342ft/1000 yds, 114m/1000m
- Type: Monocular
- Water Resistance Level: IPX4
- Prism Description: BK7
- Model Number: SV49 13x50 Monocular
- Material: Plastic
- Lens Coating Description: MC
- Focus Type: Central
- Exit Pupil: 4mm
- Eye Relief: 18.5mm (distance from viewing lense to the eye)
- Lens coating: multi-coated
- Close Focusing Distance: 4.5m
Not sure what all this means? Here's a great WikiHow article about picking the right monocular.
1 x SV49 Monocular